Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Babies!

We have been blessed with two healthy babies today-1 male & 1 female!















I put Daisy in the kidding pen yesterday afternoon with a heat lamp.  It was so-o cold and I was suspicious she might be kidding soon.  There were no kids yet this morning so I kept checking on her every couple hours.  I went out at 11:00 a.m. and there were no real signs of labor yet.  When I checked again at 12:30, both kids were born and up walking around!    
Daisy is such a good mother!













The kids are a Nubian & Oberhasli cross.  Daisy, is a Pure Bred, Registered Nubian.
Their sire, PB Floyd, is an American, Registered Oberhasli.

I milked Daisy so I could be sure the kids got some rich, creamy colostrum right away!









The little boy drank heartily!  His sister, however had to be coaxed into learning the art of sucking. =)

Peek-a-boo!  Kids are so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment